Top 10 Password Tips
It can be challenging to securely create and protect your passwords!
Check out our list of top 10 password tips:
- It should go without saying, but never tell anyone your password.
- Pick a password that is not a word in the dictionary. No, just replacing “o”s with zeroes is not enough of a change to thwart hackers.
- Have trouble remembering passwords? Try a password manager.
- Change your password frequently. This will help keep criminals guessing. When you pick a new one, make sure it is much different than the previous.
- Don’t put your password on a sticky note on your computer. I know people who do this!
- Try to have your password be eight characters or longer. The longer, the better.
- Use passwords that have upper and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers.
- Don’t pick passwords that are easily associated with you, such as your wife’s, dog’s, or kid’s name.
- Use a different password for every online account. That way if someone hacks one of your accounts, they can’t access everything.
- Consider using a secure password generator.
Passwords are important to the security of your finances and reputation. The tips above can help you protect your online accounts and personal information!
November 4, 2014 / By: SpeedyPassword Team