Top 10 Password Tips
It can be challenging to securely create and protect your passwords!
Check out our list of top 10 password tips:
- It should go without saying, but never tell anyone your password.
- Pick a password that is not a word in the dictionary. No, just replacing “o”s with zeroes is not enough of a change to thwart hackers.
- Have trouble remembering passwords? Our free password manager remembers and protects your passwords. All you need to remember is one Master Password. By automatically logging you in, SpeedyPassword protects you against keyloggers that record your keystrokes.
- Change your password frequently. This will help keep criminals guessing. When you pick a new one, make sure it is much different than the previous.
- Don’t put your password on a sticky note on your computer. I know people who do this!
- Try to have your password be eight characters or longer.
- Use passwords that have upper and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers.
- Don’t pick passwords that are easily associated with you, such as your wife’s, dog’s, or kid’s name.
- Use a different password for every online account. That way if someone hacks one of your accounts, they can’t access everything.
- Consider using a secure password generator. SpeedyPassword’s password generator lets you create unique passwords for all of your accounts – and then the software remembers them so that you don’t have to.
November 4, 2014 / By: Andrew Macklin