Are You Using One of the Worst Passwords?
Each year a list of the worst passwords of the year is published. Often you might find a password that you use on the list! Do you use 123456, qwerty, or letmein? These are among the usual suspects on the list!
It is not easy to pick a password. You want something that people who know you or have tried to learn about you online cannot guess. Of course, you also need to be able to remember it, unless you use a password manager.
What Are the Worst Passwords?
The passwords that show up most often on the word passwords list every year include:
How to Make a Strong Password
A good password will help lock down your online shopping, Twitter, Facebook, email, banking, credit card or other account. When creating password, you should consider:
- Include at least one number and symbol
- Not using the name of a relative or pet – anything that can easily be found on social media
- Avoiding words found in dictionaries
- Not just altering your usual password by putting a number behind it
- Creating a unique password for each of your accounts
If you need help creating a strong password, we’ve got you covered. Try our Password Generator now!
November 4, 2014 / By: SpeedyPassword Team